bead soup party

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Update to Michelle's Snowflake Challenge

I just wanted to say, as beaders, we sometimes want to go over the top with our design and our creativity.  I, however, learned a lovely lesson during the Snowflake Challenge.  One of my pieces was a very simple ID badge holder that was made with many of the glass beads in the kit and I added a toggle closure.  This has become my most favorite piece of jewelry.  The colors that were in the kit just seem to blend in with almost anything that I wear.  I put the toggle in the back for easy take off and put on and I use this holder every day  I used colored Softflex nylon coated wire for stringing and it gives my holder the flexibility to not be brittle.  I have to say, of all the jewelry I have created, this simple little badgeholder has become my most treasured piece.  Maybe we need to think about that the next time we get ready to design that "masterpiece".

No comments:

Post a Comment